Power You Can Depend On

C&D Technologies delivers world-class power solutions for mission-critical industrial applications. We have been driving industry for more than 100 years, manufacturing and supporting innovative systems for the conversion and storage of electrical power.

A global leader in energy storage solutions and services for the telecommunications, utility, uninterruptible power supply, cable, broadband and renewable energy markets, C&D is a committed to providing high quality, reliable and cost-effective power storage products and services.

With the recent acquisition of Trojan Battery Company, a leading manufacturer of deep cycle batteries for motive and stationary applications, C&D created one of the largest energy storage solution providers in North America.Together, our ability to handle all aspects of industrial energy storage, including battery installation, maintenance and recycling is greatly enhanced. A trusted power solutions partner, C&D and Trojan will continue to innovate and develop new technologies aimed at powering the future.

about-cd-technologies
Blue Bell5

Our Legacy

The worldwide demand for power is insatiable, and C&D is committed to providing industry-leading products and services to ensure that power is available when and where it’s needed. Our strong financial footing has been strengthened by KPS, a global private equity firm dedicated to investing in manufacturing and industrial companies. KPS acquired C&D in 2017 with an eye toward leveraging the company’s leadership in industrial power storage.  Our state-of-the-art energy storage, research, engineering and manufacturing facilities are prime for growth in the global energy solutions and services market.

The key to that strategy is building C&D’s capacity to meet the growing demand for high-quality energy storage solutions worldwide. We built our reputation by providing industry-leading industrial power solutions and continue to do so through innovative engineering. Our legacy as a trusted power solutions partner is enhanced by our innovative use of advanced technologies including pure lead, nanocarbon and lithium-ion.

OUR HISTORY

  • 2018

    C&D acquires Trojan Battery Company, a leading manufacturer of deep cycle batteries for motive and stationary applications.

  • 2017

    KPS acquires C&D, leveraging the company’s leadership in industrial power storage for growth in the global energy solutions and services market.

  • 2012

    C&D buys out its partner in Shanghai and takes full ownership of the manufacturing facility. The plant provides Asia, Europe and the Middle East with the same high-quality products that C&D’s North American customers have come to expect.

  • 2000

    C&D purchases Panasonic’s manufacturing plant in Reynosa, Mexico. The acquisition brings MSE technology, a premier pure-lead technology. Pairing it with C&D’s ultra-high purity grid alloys and advanced manufacturing techniques results in the msEndur II battery, which remains one of the most reliable VRLA batteries ever developed

  • 1999

    C&D acquires the Dynasty division of Johnson Controls, including its manufacturing facility in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Dynasty’s technology has since been incorporated into C&D’s TEL Long Duration, UPS High Rate Max and Advanced Energy Storage batteries.

  • 1970

    C&D works with Bell Labs to develop lead-calcium battery technology. Offering many advantages over previous designs, the new energy source quickly becomes the industry standard and remains the preferred technology for many of C&D’s customers.

  • 1955

    C&D opens a battery manufacturing plant in Attica, Indiana. The company’s oldest plant still in operation, it manufactures all C&D flooded lead-acid batteries.

  • 1941-1945

    During World War II, C&D turned its attention to developing industrial batteries, a focus it honed over subsequent decades as the company expanded into battery systems for the burgeoning communications industry, a strategy that has enabled the company to remain relevant for more than 100 years.

  • 1916

    Fueled by a vision of electricity’s potential to power the new century, Carlile and Doughty launched C&D in 1916. The founders were quick to recognize the disruptive role the nascent automobile industry would have on industry and society, and the company followed up on its initial success by producing batteries to power those vehicles.

  • 1906

    In 1906, Frank Carlile and Leon Doughty, two seniors at Philadelphia’s Central Manual Training School, stunned their teachers and community when they bid on—and won—a contract to electrify their high school. Carlile and Doughty’s spirit of innovation lives on in C&D’s continued emphasis on energy solutions for diverse industrial power systems worldwide. Wherever there is a need for quality industrial power, C&D is there.